Often referred to as the “front door” to The Kent Center, the Intake, Counseling & Emergency Services Unit provides consumers of all ages with an introduction to the Center, followed by a wide range of outpatient service options.
Central Intake services include:
- Telephone screening of prospective clients
- General information on service options
- Scheduling of initial appointments
- Referrals to other service providers
Emergency Services responds to all active or prospective clients who need immediate assessment and/or crisis intervention due to a mental health and/or substance abuse problem. Services are provided wherever they are needed and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days aweek, 365 days a year.
Emergency services include:
- Crisis assessment and intervention
- Linkage to follow-up services
- Specialized hospital diversion and liaison services
Our Counseling Services Department serves children and adults with mental health and/or substance abuse problems which can benefit from brief, focused, office-based therapy or other specialized programming.
Services provided include:
- Assessments and evaluations
- Individual, group & family mental health and chemical dependency counseling
- Adult and adolescent chemical dependency day treatment programs
- Certified batterers intervention program
- Sex offender treatment program