FULL TIME AND SCHEDULED PART-TIME EMPLOYEES ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BENEFITS DESCRIBED BELOW.
ALL MEDICAL BENEFITS EFFECTIVE FIRST DAY OF THE FIRST MONTH FOLLOWING 1 MONTH FROM YOUR DATE OF HIRE.
- 20 days vacation (pro-rated for less than scheduled full-time hours per week )
- 15 days sick time (pro-rated for less than scheduled full- time hours per week)
- 11 paid holidays (pro-rated for less than scheduled full time hours per week)
CAFETERIA (125) PLAN
The Kent Center is pleased to offer the “Medical/Dental/AFLAC premium payment plan” for employees eligible for benefits. This will enable you to pay for Medical/Dental/AFLAC premiums before Federal, State and Social Security taxes are withheld. As a result you will pay less tax and have more money available to you.
MEDICAL REIMBURSEMENT ACCOUNT
This program will allow employees to use pre-tax wages to pay for co-pays, deductibles, and non-covered medical expenses.
AFLAC’s supplemental benefits available to you through payroll deduction include cancer protection, hospital intensive care, personal short term disability, and personal accident protection. Coverage paid by employee. A representative from AFLAC will discuss rates with you for each benefit you select.
$600.00 cash option election is available to those currently covered by another medical plan for each plan year ($23.08 p.p.). Proof of medical plan must be provided to elect cash option.
DELTA DENTAL INSURANCE
- Individual employee coverage provided by Center at no cost
- Family coverage contribution is $20.18 per pay period
Coverage is available with choice of three plans from UnitedHealthCare.
- The United Premium Plan
Individual premium co-pay will be $20.00 per pay period.
Family premium co-pay will be $60.00 per pay period.
- The United Performance Plan
Individual premium co-pay will be $10.00 per pay period.
Family premium co-pay will be $40.00 per pay period.
- The United Classic Plan
Individual coverage will be free.
Family premium co-pay will be $10.00 per pay period.
2x your annual salary rounded to the next higher thousand; maximum of $100,000 coverage. Paid by the Center.
LONG TERM DISABILITY
- This benefit is paid for by the employee. The employee cost is based on a % of your salary. As an example, $20,000 (annual salary) X .0056=$112.00 annual LTD/26 pay periods (p.p.)=$4.30 per p.p. deduction.
- Offered to all regularly scheduled employees.
- The LTD benefit is equal to 60% of your monthly salary.
Effective July 1, 2002 The Kent Center will offer a Safe Harbor 401(k) retirement plan. The center will contribute 3% of an eligible employee’s salary annual. An employee who meets the 800 hours requirement within the plan year will be 100% vested in this portion of the plan. The Center will also provide a dollar for dollar match of employee’s contribution for the first 1% of earning and $.50 (cents) for every dollar of employee contribution for the next 6% of employee earnings. 100% vesting for the matched contribution will be after 5 years.
- 0% vesting up to one (1) year of employment; 25% vested after two (2) years of employment; 50% vested after three (3) years of employment; 75% vested after four (4) years of employment; and 100% vested after five (5) years of employment.
- Loan provision available for vested employees up to 50% of their account balance, but never more than $3000. (You may have only one (1) outstanding loan at a time).
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE SERVICES
A confidential source of help for personal concerns.
Our Employee Assistance Program, a free service available as a benefit to all employees and their family members, is a confidential, professional resource for persons needing information, or assessment and referral to counseling or other resources within their community. To ensure complete confidentiality, we have contracted with Resource International Employee Assistance Services to provide management and profession staff services for our Employee Assistance Program.
The Kent Center provides a Reimbursement Program for employees who take courses to improve their skills and competence in their present jobs, or to progress toward their career goal at The Center. Eligibility: All Full time scheduled employees in good standing completing a minimum of one year of service prior to beginning of the course are eligible.
YMCA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT
See Fiscal Department for form & locations
- No membership fee
- $20.40 family per pay period
- $14.52 single per pay period
- Wellness Programs (available at no extra cost) – Staff are welcome to participate in programs with topics such as: Stress management, Weight Watchers, cooking lite, blood pressure/cholesterol check, chair massage, yoga and other exercise programs, and ongoing wellness literature available (topics vary).
- Staff Development Programs